Digital Content Specialist
Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity is seeking a digital content specialist to research and write stories about the impact our members (undergraduate/alumni) and chapters are making on campuses and in society. This full-time, entry-level position supports both the Fraternity and Educational Foundation with content generation and posting both to the online blog site, organization website, related social media platforms, and in other distribution methods. Additionally, the digital content specialist will be asked to perform additional duties and tasks as necessary to advance the Fraternity/Foundations’ missions, which entails a willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.
Reporting to the associate director of communications, the digital content specialist will:
- Serve as assistant editor for the Cross & Crescent blogsite and online magazine:
- Manage deadlines, content generation, schedule
- Help oversee layout of web and digital version of the magazine
- Research, interview, write, edit, post stories (and related social media posts)
- Identify undergraduate/alumni members for possible inclusion in the magazine
- Manage other related projects
- Assist with content creation of Foundation publications, communications and mailings
- Make basic marketing collateral/website updates (text and graphics)
- Create and make social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, some YouTube)
- Handle creation/design edits (infographics, photos edits/enhancements, etc.)
- Take/edit photos and do entry-level video work
- Ensure overall consistent branding and visual integrity for the Fraternity/Foundation
- Teach adherence to standards both at the headquarters and to members/chapters.
- Help manage edits/distribution of approved graphics,
- Assist with production and media coverage of events and conferences
- Help with the continuing evolution of Lambda Chi’s online electronic experience
- Brainstorm ideas and enhancements to existing platform/portal
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core mission of Lambda Chi Alpha and be driven by positive development of the undergraduate experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/WordPress/SEO tools/Google analytics/AP Style and willingness to learn new software and skills
- Experience with publishing articles, new releases, website posts, collateral, and social media campaigns
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with coworkers, internal departments and outside target audiences; occasionally work directly with Fraternity and Foundation CEOs
- Proven writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online professional clips
- Creative and thoughtful about how new media technologies can be utilized
- Independent, problem solver, results oriented and can take direction
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Some travel required (less than 10%) to conduct interviews, attend events and conferences
A competitive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Cover letter and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and selected candidate to begin immediately.