Student Advisory Committee Application is Now Live
The Student Advisory Committee (SAC) was formed in 1970 and reports directly to the Grand High Zeta. SAC was formed to help the Lambda Chi Alpha staff and the Grand High Zeta stay in touch with current undergraduate concerns and problems, and allow undergraduates to communicate directly with Lambda Chi Alpha’s highest levels of international authority.
SAC plays a vital role in Lambda Chi Alpha’s ability to remain on top of the fraternal world. SAC has developed and helped pass almost all of the significant legislation inside Lambda Chi Alpha including the alcohol policy, the anti-hazing policy, associate membership, higher academic standards, and the creation of minimum operating standards for chapters.
The SAC is composed of one member from each Conclave and two At-Large members, selected by the Grand High Alpha. The SAC members serve a one-year term, starting on August 1 and running through the following Leadership Seminar or General Assembly.
To be eligible for consideration, the candidate:
- Must be able a Collegiate Member in good standing during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must have, at the time of application, a minimum of a 2.5 GPA for the previous grading period and cumulatively.
- Must be able to attend the first SAC meeting in fall 2018 at the General Fraternity’s expense.
- Must be able to attend the two SAC retreats throughout the academic year.
- Must be able to attend the 2019 Stead Leadership Seminar.
- If selected as a member of the Student Advisory Committee you will make a monetary gift of $10 to the Lambda Chi Alpha Educational Foundation.
- You are strongly encouraged to attend the 2018 General Assembly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise the Grand High Zeta and Headquarters Staff on undergraduate issues and potential solutions to address these issues.
- Complete tasks and projects assigned by the Headquarters staff and Grand High Zeta in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with and provide updates to all of the chapters and colonies in your Conclave.
- Be an example and role model to all brothers by abiding by state, local, federal and fraternal policies.
- Provide honest feedback to the Headquarters staff when issues are discussed.
Skill Sets & Characteristics
- Must be an active brother that is enrolled on a collegiate campus for a year.
- Must have a passion for Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Bring credibility to the position through living our values and Initiation Ritual.
- Should be holding a leadership position within the chapter, campus, or community.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with undergraduates and alumni and should be able to respect others opinions.
- Must be available to attend SAC retreat and/or board meetings.
- Must be able to discuss topics affecting undergraduates and be able to think critically about issues facing Fraternity.
To apply, click here.